Blind / Visually Impaired Division
In order to participate in the Blind / VI category you need to fall within one of the following classes. You may be asked to provide medical documentation.
IPC Class Description for the Blind/Visually Impaired:
- T11: Visual acuity is poorer than LogMAR 2.60. From no light perception in either eye to light perception, but inability to recognize the shape of a hand at any distance or in any direction.
- T12: Visual acuity ranges from LogMAR 1.50 to 2.60 (inclusive) and/or the athlete has a visual field that is constricted to a radius of less than 5 degrees. From ability to recognize the shape of a hand to a visual acuity of 2/60 and/or visual field of less than five degrees.
- T13: Visual acuity ranges from LogMAR 1.40 to 1 (inclusive) and/or the athlete has a visual field that is constricted to a radius of less than 20 degrees. From visual acuity above 2/60 to visual acuity of 6/60 and/or visual field of more than five degrees and less than 20 degrees.
- Visually Impaired runners may use a total of two guides, one at a time, to complete the marathon or half marathon course. The half marathon guide exchange occurs at relay exchange 1. The marathon guide exchange occurs at relay exchange 2.
- Guides are required to fill out registration / waiver information for the race.
- Tethers are allowed. Hand or waist. Tethers should allow no more than 1 meter distance between athletes.